Friday, February 8, 2008

11 - Cereal Bags Suck

Do we live in the greatest country in the world or what? We’re technologically advanced. We’re free (sort of – I’m sure I’ll have more to say about that later…). In general, we kick ass. Then why is it we can’t seem to manufacture a decent cereal bag?

Am I the only one who turns into a sailor when they open a new box of cereal? Seriously. Do I look like a plastic surgeon?

Blog: No.

40 years ago, we put a man on the moon. And by “we” I mean “they”. 10 years ago 128MB was a wicked hard drive. And just yesterday I was reading about Pleo, the interactive robotic dinosaur. Yet here I am. Struggling. Fuming. Because for some reason it’s impossible to invent a cereal bag that can be opened without archeological tools. Yes, I want cereal. No, I don’t want it in my hair.

Ok. I guess the problem isn’t really opening the bag. Any moron can open a cereal bag. The trick is opening it in such a way that it is still useable. But there’s such a fine line. You need to pull hard enough to separate the plastic, but not too hard or you’ll give the bag a C-Section.



Blog: Ever hear of scissors?

What? I don’t want to do an art project. I just want my freaking cereal. Right now! I’m not asking for cereal in a can. Shoot, I’m not even asking for Ziploc. I just want to be able to open the bag, excavate some cereal and roll the bag up for next time.

Somebody should fix that.

No comments: